This is not an exhaustive list of all the setting and sections of MCC. For that, go to Deaderpool’s website or even better, chat on his Discord channel. This is a list of some of the setting I have that you might be interested in either out of curiosity or trying to get your world to fill well.
Quality of Life Settings
These are the settings I have that improve my life and make building and playing less fussy.
- Auto-Save: Set to every sim hour. I hate hate hate hate replaying.
- Notification Settings: I turned everything not directly related to my immediate family.
- Console Command: Enable Full Edit CAS, Testing Cheats, Moo, FreeBuild, and Ignore Unlocks; Turn off Headline Effects
- Phone Texts: NONE
- Gameplay Settings: Pause on zone load; For when I wander away while waiting for a lot to load – less of an issue on my new computer.
- I have not touched the settings for CAS, Career, Cleaner, Clubs, Dresser
- Disabled Ghost Night, Knight Night, and Aliens Night at the bar
Keeping My World Filled
These are the settings I have to keep my world alive. I’ve played around with these settings a bit. I’m looking for a good combination fo not filling the world too fast or too oddly (like when every marriage was a YA with an Elder). It was a running a little slow (too few sims having kids); so I just upped the Pregnancy chance percentage to 50% from 20%. I haven’t played with it long enough to see if that evens it out.
- MC Occult Maximum vampires: 3 (We were getting overrun)
- MC Pregnancy – this controls the world spawning – NOT your played lots
- Ages to Run Pregnancy: Young Adult only
- Male Pregnancy: Allowed
- Homeless Pregnancy: Allowed
- Pregnancy Percentage: YA 50% (this is the only one that matters)
- Allow Affairs – Yes
- Partner Gender – Male and Female
- Adoption Settings – 25% chance for both same-sex and opposite-sex couples
- Run Marriages: Young Adult and Adult
- Homeless Marriages: Allowed
- Spouse Selection: Use Same Age Group Enabled – too many YAs pairing with Elders. I don’t mind this happening once or twice a generation, but it was happening all the time.
MC Woohoo Settings
I don’t remember who said it, but somewhere it was mentioned that they allowed same-sex couples to have children because there are so many who wish they could and can’t due to either gender or other reasons. Since sims is a game, they thought it good to fulfill those dreams. This made way too much sense for me, which is why both in the world and in my families I allow same-sex pregnancies.
- Same Sex Try for Baby: Allowed
- Polyamory: Allowed
- No Strings Woohoo
- Hide Try for Baby in the menu
- Risky Woohoo: 25%
- Same-sex Pregnancy Sim – Initiator will get pregnant (for the baby challenge)
- No Jealousy
- Autonomous Woohoo & Try for Baby
- All Moods Birth Control – (since I can’t see Try for baby, this gives me a little choice/control)
Game Change Settings
If you’re a strict purist rule-follower, then these are the settings that are probably disqualifying me from all the challenges I do. Oh well.
- Money Settings; Pay child support; current set to 1% – It means I sometimes get (or have to pay) money weekly.
- Risky Vampirism; Only if they have the Creation Skill, but increasing chance to create a vampire if they compel or drink uncontrollably. (Up to 50%).
- No Strings Woohoo (probably the worse cheat for a 100 baby challenge)
- No Jealousy (probably was a significant cheat on my bachelor challenge, but I didn’t think to disable it until we were almost done)
Age Span Duration
I made a custom age duration that matches the original Drifter childhood duration AND makes it so folks don’t have to have kids immediately upon young adulthood if they want to see their grandkids. The entirety of childhood is 29 days (same as the original pre-toddler span), young adult stayed at 24 days, and adult increased to 30 days.
- Infant 1
- Toddler 6
- Child 11
- Teen 11
- YA 24 – no change
- Adult 30
- Elder – no change to default settings…yet