Build slideshows are at the end of this mini-post with some University renovations.
- Tracey’s childhood will be shown next week as Switch 2.0 continues and concludes.
- Emery’s childhood is shown in the photo-heavy post for Drifter 007 – Skye Drifter.
This is Emery Drifter. She’s our gen 8 heir in the Drifter Challenge. She’s part of the simscuffle team and worked her way up to captain.
This is Tracey Drifter. She’s our gen 3 heir for the Drifter Switch Challenge and came to school with a soccer scholarship and proved herself very useful to the team. A star player.
They’re cousins-ish. The Drifter tree is a bit overwhelming with everyone on it (and a bit spoilery). So here’s a mini version. Tracey and Emery are second cousins, I think.
But they both headed to the University of Breichester and decided to be roommates. Emery took
Economics Psychology and Tracey focused on Culinary courses knowing she was going to be a Food Critic. University means A LOT of studying.
But the two Drifters still managed to do some fun things. Tracey joined the debate team, although she never got very good at it.
Emery tried the Art Society, but only briefly. It wasn’t really her thing so she dropped back out.
Before long it was time for Tracey to graduate which she did with honors! She then moved back to San Myshuno to start her apartment switches (in progress).
- Semester 1: A+
- Semester 2: B+
- Semester 3: A
- Final Grade: A
Emery changed her degree from Economics to Psychology after her first semester so she had one extra semester. She decided to change schools Foxbury Institute to get a distinguished degree. She commuted to from her new empty lot in Willow Creek. So there was just a bit more studying for her to do.
- Semester 1: A+
- Semester 2: B+
- Semester 3: A+
- Final Grade: A-
I did a bunch of renos on a lot of the University builds. Here are all the ones I could still find that I hadn’t since saved over. They are available on the Gallery under ra3rei).
Larry’s Lagoon Updated
This place has a bit of everything that your university students might want – bar, cafe, cafeteria, debate room, hangout rooms, karaoke, climbing wall, all things science! and so much more.
- Lot Type: Foxbury Commons (Also can be a cafe, bar, gym, karaoke bar, library)
- Lot Size: 40×30
- Lot Traits: Fast Internet, Natural Light, Univesity Hangout
- Cost: §233,794
- Packs: Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Dine Out, Spa Day, Fitness, Perfect Patio,
Lord Laurel’s Library
My complaint with all libraries in Sims is a distinct lack of BOOKS, so this build is full of them. I also made it so it can be a park in case you wanted more outdoor sims showing up.
- Lot Type: Library (also can be set as a park)
- Lot Size: 50×40
- Lot Traits: Study Spot, Peace & Quiet, University Hang Out
- Cost: §237,391
- Packs: Discover Univesrity, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work (book cart only), Strangerville (posters only), Parenthood, Spa Day
Salt n’ Pepper’s Pub
I wanted to modernize this pub a bit, as well as work on my trifecta of Lounge, bar, and nightclub – that let me add a basement dance room.
- Lot Type: Bar – Can be a Lounge or Nightclub as well
- Lot Size: 20×20
- Lot Traits: University Hang Out, Convivial, Great Acoustics
- Cost: §82,171
- Packs: Discover University, Get Famous, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Vampires (wall scratches only), Dine Out, Bowling Night
Briny Tower A
An update with more single rooms to aid in the roommate chaos reduction. Also this dorm has a small kitchenette to hopefully stop them from bringing in quite so much food and a few skill items to help with whatever you are studying
- Lot Type: University Housing
- Lot Size: 30×20
- Lot Traits: Study Spot, Science Lair, Party Place
- Cost: §21,208
- Packs: Discover University, Seasons, Get to Work, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day