This is a more limited list of the gameplay mods I play with. I have a love-hate relationship with cc – as I want to share my builds and cc makes them less finable.
Core Mods – Mods I would struggle to play without
- Deaderpool’s MC Command Center with the woohoo module – Fixes culling and adds story progression and so much more! Check out my settings if you’re curious what this can do.
- Moxiemason No Mosaic – um, yeah.
- Plasticbox Cheat Shortcuts -It seems to break less often than the more popular UI cheats. Plus MCCC has a lot cheats now so I’m not entirely sure what I use from this, but I’m afraid to take it out and miss something.
- Andrew Pose Pack and Andrew’s FX Player
- Scumbumbo – other’s are keeping his mods up-to-date now.
- Sim Teleporter, Don’t wash dishes/prep food where you angry poop, Keep books after publishing
- Little Miss Sam’s Mods – She has such a variety of game tweaks and I always check with her to see if she’s fixed some of the bugs EA introduces. Some of my fav mods:
- Automatic Thermostat, Foster Families, Holiday Homes, Live in Businesses, More best friends, Personal Objects, Pregnancy Overhaul, Plus lots of her small mods and bug fixes
- Tmex’s Lifetime Skills (with no steal bladder) – allows kids to learn some sensible adult skills while they’re still kids. Maybe it’s cheating, maybe it’s realistic.
- Cyclelegs Less Mourning – I had to install this for my 100 babies. Toddlers kept mourning their aunts and uncles that they never met for days.
- Basemental’s Alcohol– I’m not interested in the rest of his drug mods, but I do like the realism of getting drunk on juice.
- Zero’s University mods that increase the cost and increase the need for degrees.
- NoirSim’s Fanart map overrides – not actually affecting gameplay but it makes the maps so much prettier!
- Weerbesu’s More CAS Columns – it breaks on almost every update, but on a bigger monitor, it’s nice to see a little more at once.
- Scarlet’s Subject Homework – allows your children to gain skills while they do their homework.
Mods to Help with Screenshotting
- TMex’s Build Mode Camera
- Shimrod’s Ghosts No Puddles
- Peterskywalker!’s Hide Lot Trait FX
- Jmem0’s Toddler No Sparkles
- Little Miss Sam’s No Laundry Sparkles
- Krys29 No Music Notes and No Zzzz
- Plastic Box’s No Garden Plant Sparkles
Favorite CC Makers
When I find something I like I usually see what else they got and get it too…I prefer Maxis Match.
- Peacemaker (I love it all!)
- Plastic Box (A bit of everything)
- LumiaLoverSims (Male Hair, skins)
- Ry’s Maxis Match Finds (Clothes, Hairs, Anything really)
- BlackGryffin (K-Hippie) (Build Mode)
- Soloriya (Bookcases)
- Around the Sims (Clutter – also has Sims3 cc)
- Madhox (Walls and Floor)
- JavabeanDreams (walls and floral patterns)
Sims 3 Mods
- NRaas‘s de-censor, master controller/cheats, and woohooer/scoring, portrait panel, mover, story progression, etc