I have a love-hate-love relationship with CC – I want to share my builds and I don’t like that cc makes sims and builds harder to find on the gallery and harder to use. But I love the ethnic variety you get with CC hair. Mods though – Mods I can’t play without anymore.
Core Mods – Mods I would struggle to play without
- Deaderpool’s MC Command Center with the woohoo module – Fixes culling and adds story progression and so much more! Check out my settings if you’re curious what this can do.
- Moxiemason No Mosaic – um, yeah for me the mosaic is more distracting than the Barbie/Ken doll look.
- Andrew Pose Pack and Andrew’s FX Player
- Scumbumbo – other’s are keeping his mods up-to-date now.
- Sim Teleporter, Don’t wash dishes/prep food where you angry poop, Keep books after publishing
- Little Miss Sam’s Mods – She has such a variety of game tweaks and I always check with her to see if she’s fixed some of the bugs EA introduces. Some of my fav mods:
- Automatic Thermostat, More best friends, Personal Objects, Pregnancy Overhaul, Plus lots of her small mods and bug fixes.
- Tmex’s Lifetime Skills (with no steal bladder) – allows kids to learn some sensible adult skills while they’re still kids. Maybe it’s cheating, maybe it’s realistic.
- Cyclelegs Less Mourning – I had to install this for my 100 babies. Toddlers kept mourning their aunts and uncles that they never met – and mourning FOR days.
- Basemental’s Alcohol– I’m not interested in the rest of his drug mods, but I do like the realism of getting drunk on juice.
- Zero’s University mods that increase the cost of going to university. I like to make my sims suffer.
- NoirSim’s Fanart map overrides – not actually affecting gameplay but it makes the maps so much prettier!
- Weerbesu’s More CAS Columns – it breaks on almost every update, but on a bigger monitor, it’s nice to see a little more at once. I use four columns.
- Scarlet’s Subject Homework – allows your children to gain skills while they do their homework. I also use her bad grades are okay, but my kids so rarely fail school.
Mods to Help with Screenshotting
- TMex’s Build Mode Camera
- Shimrod’s Ghosts No Puddles
- Peterskywalker!’s Hide Lot Trait FX
- Jmem0’s Toddler No Sparkles
- Little Miss Sam’s No Laundry Sparkles
- Krys29 No Music Notes and No Zzzz
- Plastic Box’s No Garden Plant Sparkles
Favorite CC Makers
When I find something I like I usually see what else they got and get it too…I prefer Maxis Match. In the past I’ve used lots of CC but when I got to building and wanting to share those builds I scaled way back.
- Peacemaker (I love it all! – but I just have his rugs and shrunken coffee tables right now)
- LumiaLoverSims (Mainly the skin overlays)
- Ry’s Maxis Match Finds (Clothes and hair – this is good resource to find a variety of cc makers (Much like Lana CC finds used to be)
Sims 3 Mods
- NRaas‘s de-censor, master controller/cheats, and woohooer/scoring, portrait panel, mover, story progression, etc