For a while, I was trying to hold onto my money to help out with Conan’s wealth aspiration, but when Nikita aged up and Austin and Conan were still alive, I knew it was time to remodel so I broke out Netflix and started watching snow monkeys and working on the house. (I like watching documentaries while I build.)
First off, I wanted build a proper children’s wing that I could use though out the legacy no matter how many children are born (although it’ll be tough no matter what when I go for 10 kids. I also wanted to (finally) give Reef a proper room, even if he eventually leaves to live with his fiance and kids.
The main challenge of this built was getting the “wing” of the house to connect with the main body without being too awkward. We eventually tricked the house into believing some of the roofs were rooms so that I could get the trim to work a little better. I dislike that the trim only gets added when there’s a story above as I’ve been using the trim for flat roof portions.
When Austin and Conan both died on the same day, I ended up with two extra bedrooms. Conan’s got transformed into another inspiration room, for writing and painting. I had more trouble figuring out what to do with Austin’s room, and almost razzed the entire third floor, but eventually realized that it would make a good exercise room.
With a little more breathing room in the main house, I was able to get rid of the second kitchen which really just caused problems (you never where the Sim was going to grab leftovers from) and put in a nice Jacuzzi for the parents. I’m tempted by a mod that lets you “set” which shower and bath a Sim will use because they ALWAYS go for the nicest tubs and without the ability to lock the door, that means they’re going to be walking in on their parents.
The house is currently valued at 221,000 simoleons. We’ve got 70,000 left in the bank. (Although bills are 10k now that Conan is gone). That gives me 3 whole legacy points in the money category, which is about what I have on average for each point category at the start of Generation 3. That sounds good, but I have no idea what the average is. Break down is as follows:
- 3 points for Generation 3 reaching Young Adult
- 2 points for memorials, 3rd point is pending Reef composing a song for Cason.
- 3 points for household worth over 200,000 simoleons
- 3 points for my three spouses, since all of them have had unique traits
- 3 points for making 8 skills
- 4 points for achieving 5 aspirations (thanks Austin!)
- 2 points for my collections (all the potions, and all the my sims), just one painting away from a third point here
- 2 points for food, one for having a sim get fat on home cooking, and the other for six sims eating together
- 2 points for over 30 party points (I’ve thrown 15 parties so far)
- 6 points (woot!) for having 16 potions of youth on my lot untouched.
- 0 pentalty points
Legacy Score: 30